Having a water heater that is not functioning correctly can be a problem for many home and business owners. Fortunately, Todd Plumbing Co. offers water heater repair services for people just like you. With a quick call to one of our customer representatives, you don’t have to wait for repairs. One of our plumbing technicians will be out to your home or business in no time to get the job done.
Signs You Need a Repair
How do you know when you need a water heater repair? Unfortunately, too many home and business owners wait until the damage is irreparable, resulting in the need for a new unit all together. At Todd Plumbing Co., we want to help you try to avoid that situation. The following are some signs you need a water heater repair:
- Black or Rusty Water – Discolored water is a sure sign that there is scale build up within the unit. It is more than likely on the elements, and could be a sign that the anode rods will need to be replaced.
- Hot Water Reduction – If you notice that there is no hot water, or that there is a decrease in the amount of hot water you usually use, there are various problems that may be at hand. Our professionals will determine whether the element needs replacing, if there are loose wires or if the dip tube should be repaired.
- Leaks – Your water heater should never leak, no matter what type and model it is. If you notice a water leak, it could be a simple repair or could indicate a larger repair is at hand. One common leak that we see is with the pressure relief valve.
- Odors – Often times, bacteria will build up inside the water tank. Our professionals know how to flush the tank, replace the anode and get it cleaned out.
- Water That Is Too Hot – A broken water heater does not always result in cool water, but could result in water that is too hot. The thermostat might be broken or not seated correctly, which could be fixed with a simple repair.
Water Heater Repair Cost
When it comes to your water heater, several problems can occur; small leaks, debris buildup and mechanical malfunctions are all common issues.
The cost of your repairs depends on the nature of your water heater damage, as well as the type of unit you have. However, no matter what type of repairs your water heater needs, you can be sure that the Todd Plumbing team can help.
To receive a personalized cost estimate for your water heater damage, contact the Todd Plumbing team. We’ll help you schedule a private consultation and estimate today!
Water Heaters Replacement
Before your water heater fails completely, be on the lookout for signs that it may be on the way out. Here are some of the most common signs that you need to replace your water heater:
- Your water heater is older than 10 years old. This is a dead giveaway — most heaters do not last much longer than 10 years.
- Your water heater makes strange noises. If you hear a rumbling noise coming from your heater, this could indicate that sediment has built up at the bottom of the tank.
- You notice water pooling around the base of your heater. If your heater is constantly leaking, you may need a replacement unit.
Contact Todd Plumbing today if you have questions.
Residential Water Heater Repair
Do you suspect that there’s something wrong with your homes’ water heater? Here are two of the most common issues that can plague a water heater:
Not enough hot water — or none at all. In this case, the circuit breaker may have tripped. You should also check to ensure that your thermostat is working.
Leaks. Whether your leak originates from the bottom or the top of your water heater, it signals a loose pipe or valve. Any water could also be a result of normal condensation. To be on the safe side, contact a plumbing professional.
Contact Todd Plumbing today if you have questions about residential water heater repair.
Commercial Water Heater Repair
Is your commercial water heater on the fritz? Here are some signs that you may need to repair your water heater:
- Your water has a bad odor.
- There is little to no water pressure.
- You don’t have enough hot water.
- Your water is dirt-colored.
- Your water heater makes strange sounds.
- Your heater leaks, either from the top or the bottom of the unit.
These are just some of the most common signs of commercial water heater disrepair. Until you’ve had your heater checked by a professional, you cannot definitively diagnose the problem. Contact Todd Plumbing today to find out more about our water heater repair services!
How long does a water heater last?
Typically, most traditional water heaters last around ten to twelve years. If your water heater is over twelve years old, it’s likely time to replace your unit. However, regardless of age, if your heater consistently requires maintenance checkups and repair, this may also be an indicator that a new water heater is in order.
Are you attempting to determine if your water heater is on the fritz? Your heater may need replacing, or it may just need some simple maintenance. Contact Todd Plumbing today! Our skilled technicians are able to answer any questions about your specific water heater’s longevity. We can also set you up with a consultation.
What does the Energy Factor (EF) on my water heater mean?
If you’re considering installing a new water heater, your chosen model’s Energy Factor is crucial.
The Energy Factor (EF) rating on your water heater indicates your heater’s energy efficiency level. The higher the EF rating, the more efficient your water heater is. Most importantly, the higher your heater’s efficiency, the lower your annual energy bills will be!
A decent EF rating is typically .6 (or 60%) or higher. However, it’s always best to enlist the opinion of a water heater pro before purchasing your heater. Here at Todd Plumbing, we can help answer your questions about the EF rating on your water heater before you buy.